The Contingent Buildings Insurance legal indemnity policy provides cover when any part of the building of which the flat forms part is damaged by a type of event against which the flat or the building was insured at the policy’s commencement date, but
- the landlord, managing agent, residents association or another lessee has failed to insure entirely or for an adequate amount
- reinstatement of the building is frustrated by planning controls or the lease does not oblige the landlord to reinstate
- the lease could be determined in the event of major damage
- the landlord keeps the proceeds of the insurance without reinstating
- the insurance arranged by the landlord, managing agent or residents association proves invalid as a result of the act of third parties.
The property must be based within England and Wales.
For full terms, please see the Key Facts (download below).
If you can't find what you are looking for, contact our underwriters:
Call 01435 868 050
Fax 01435 868 582
Some of the buttons on this page open PDF files. You will need the Adobe Reader to view these files. If you don't already have the Adobe Reader, you can get it for free here: Get Adobe Reader