Legal Indemnity Insurance for Residential & Commercial Properties

GCS Policies

If these popular FAQs do not provide you with the answers you are searching for, please contact us directly on the details provided to the right of this page, we would be happy to help.

What Limit of Indemnity should I insure for?

The limit of indemnity is entirely at your discretion, therefore it doesn’t have to be the full market value. We find that many policies are issued with the limit of indemnity reflecting the current sale or purchase price of the property. Each conveyancer should however contact the mortgage lender or refer to the CML Handbook (found at: to ascertain the level of cover required.

Back to top

How do I make a claim?

If you need to make a claim please contact the Insurer at ECA Court, 24-26 South Park, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1DU, or by email to, or by telephone on 0207 160 8126 quoting the Policy number.

Back to top

Protection against inflation

All of our policies come with an automatic inflation clause of 5%.

Back to top

How long do the policies last?

This depends entirely on the policy type.

Back to top

How do I cancel my policy?

Get in touch with us directly to discuss cancellations.

Tel: 01435 868050
Fax: 01435 868582
Back to top
Show alert Show confirm