This policy is also known as: ‘Defective Lease – Insurance Provisions’
The Contingent Buildings Insurance legal indemnity policy provides cover when any part of the building of which the flat forms part is damaged by a type of event against which the flat or the building was insured at the policy’s commencement date, but
- the landlord, managing agent, residents association or another lessee has failed to insure entirely or for an adequate amount
- reinstatement of the building is frustrated by planning controls or the lease does not oblige the landlord to reinstate
- the lease could be determined in the event of major damage
- the landlord keeps the proceeds of the insurance without reinstating
- the insurance arranged by the landlord, managing agent or residents association proves invalid as a result of the act of third parties.
The property must be based within England and Wales.
For full terms, please see the Policy.
- Premiums from £140.00 incl. IPT
- ‘Instant’ cover for residential properties
- Up to £1m limit of indemnity
- Comprehensive cover including automatic 5% inflation clause per annum for 10 years
- Electronic policies
- Monthly statement and numerous payment options
- LOI can be increased at any point using our top-up policy
- BACS and cheques accepted
If you are unable to find the cover you are looking for, or if you simply wish for us to provide cover directly from our office, please contact us for a ‘Bespoke’ or ‘Direct’ quote.