This policy is also known as: ‘Deed of Gift’
The Insolvency Act legal indemnity insurance policy provides cover when a dwelling-house or flat based within England and Wales has been given away or transferred at less than its true value, or when part of the purchase price, typically the deposit, has been provided by someone other than the buyer. If the person who made the "gift" becomes bankrupt, it is possible for the gift to be set aside or overturned and for the trustee-in-bankruptcy to claim an interest in the property. The policy can also be used when property has been acquired by a surviving joint tenant.
For full terms, please see the Policy.
- Premiums from £80.00 incl. IPT
- ‘Instant’ cover for residential properties
- This policy will run in perpetuity
- Up to £1m limit of indemnity
- Comprehensive cover including automatic 5% inflation clause per annum for 10 years
- Electronic policies
- Monthly statement and numerous payment options
- LOI can be increased at any point using our top-up policy
- BACS and cheques accepted
If you are unable to find the cover you are looking for, or if you simply wish for us to provide cover directly from our office, please contact us for a ‘Bespoke’ or ‘Direct’ quote.